Sunday 13 May 2012

what will happen next...

On Sunday night, overlooked by my grandma's Japanese doll, life falls in lines around me. I wonder to myself, what will happen next.


The manuscript has been sent, the washing turns, clothes tumble in a watery spin. The travelling has paused, just for a little while and I stare at the sudden spring sky. I look at my feet on our old living-room rug (that we keep on promising we will replace). I examine the lines that divide our space, straight things moving from A to Z.


I think of promises and deadlines; words typed on top of Spanish mountains. My toenails are red and pillar box bright. I think of building and climbing and mystery, and how the lines of our existence generally curve. 


I am working on stories and a project that makes me laugh. In between the workshops and the eating of garlic aioli (served with steamed vegetables and a bite of salt cod), I imagine an entirely new tale. I scrub floors, unexpectedly. 
On Sunday night, I murmur, quietly to myself, you know, it will happen next...







2 comments:

cynthia said...

I have blue toenails at the moment and also wonder what will happen next.

lasuza said...

Mmmm. I have been dawdling with the idea of pale blue fingernails, or navy blue. So far haven't managed to sit down for long enough to paint my fingernails ( I manage my toes because I can move while they dry!). But blue, definitely blue. It has to happen...